Frequently Asked Questions

Home » Frequently Asked Questions

Vehicle insurance for private individuals

What must I provide to get a quote ?

In order to get fair pricing, we require:

  • A copy of your driver’s licence
  • A copy of the vehicle registration document or order form (for new vehicles)
  • A claims history statement covering a period of 36 (thirty-six) months and dated not older than 3 (three) months

When you subscribe, we will also ask you for a copy of your identity card.

What is a claims history statement ?

It is a document issued by your last insurer which specifies in particular:

  • Your bonus reduction coefficient
  • Your claims history
  • The dates of validity of the policy
  • The status of the policy (cancelled or not)
  • Various disputes (non-payment, false declaration, etc.)

How can I obtain a claims history statement from my former insurer ?

We invite you to make your request to your former insurance company by telephone, e-mail or post. According to Article 12 of the Annexure to Article A121-1 of the Insurance Code, the insurance company must issue a claims history statement in the following cases:

  • At the express request of the policyholder, within a maximum of 15 (fifteen) days
  • Where the policy is cancelled by either the insurer or the insured

Non-payment of the premium is not a legitimate reason for refusing to issue a claims history statement to the insured. If an insurance advisor refuses to provide it to their client, we recommend that you directly contact the company’s head office or its claims department.

What kind of cover should I choose ?

Our advisors will guide you according to the age of your vehicle, its value, etc. Generally  speaking, we offer three types of cover:

  • Option 1 : Civil liability + criminal defence and appeal
  • Option 2: Option 1 + theft and fire
  • Option 3: Option 2 + All-accident damage

I have a foreign claims history statement. Is it valid ?

This statement must be translated into English. We will then recalculate a bonus based on the date on which this insurance was taken out abroad and any claim(s) reported during the period   covered.

How is my bonus reduction coefficient calculated ?

From an initial threshold of 100, the coefficient is reduced by 5 (five) percent for each period of twelve consecutive months without an at-fault accident (even partially). Each fully at-fault material    claim results in a 25 (twenty-five) percent increase in the coefficient; each partially at-fault claim   results in a 12.5 (twelve point five) percent increase. Only claims involving third parties are taken into account.

What is the maximum bonus rate ?

Your penalty cannot exceed 250%, which corresponds to a coefficient of 3.50. Moreover, in case of a penalty, the coefficient returns to its initial threshold of 100 after two consecutive years without    a claim.

Can I insure a vehicle in Monaco that will be exported ?

No. The vehicle must be insured in the country to which it will be exported.

Can I lend my vehicle to a third party ?

You can lend your vehicle to anyone who has had a valid driver’s licence for more than 3 (three) years. In the event of a claim, your insurance premium will be affected if it is determined that this third party was driving your vehicle.

NB: If the driver is a novice (driver’s licence less than three years old) and not personally insured for a vehicle, an additional excess will be applied to the initial excess.

I forgot to report a claim. Is this important ?

Yes, your policy obliges you to report it. Insurers consult the Central Vehicle Claims Database, which lists all vehicle claims for the past six years. In general, your insurer sets your insurance premium based on the information you have given them and makes changes to your premium   or policy, if necessary, based on the information they get from the Claims Database. It is   important to declare all relevant and accurate facts to your broker or the policy will be void.

What impact does my place of residence have on my vehicle policy ? Do I have to report a change of address ?

The insurance companies implement a tariff zone system according to the different claims identified in each city or even street according to:

  • Traffic
  • The number of vehicle thefts
  • The frequency of vandalism

I don’t drive much. Do you have tailored cover ?

Yes, we can insure your vehicle for a limited number of kilometres, as defined at the time you take out your cover.

I have a classic vehicle. What documents do I need to provide ?

If you want to insure your classic vehicle against damage, we require a valuation that is less than 5 (five) years old. Purchase receipts are accepted for vehicles under €24,000 (twenty-four thousand euros) and purchased less than 2 (two) years ago.

I only have a motorcycle history and I am going to buy a car. Will I be able to carry over my bonus ?

Yes, if you can prove that you have a minimum of 9 (nine) months of previous driving experience in the last 12 (twelve) months, we can carry over your motorcycle bonus for the purchase of your     car.

My spouse/partner has always driven our vehicles but has never been named on the policies. Can they still benefit from a bonus ?

Under certain conditions, they can benefit from the bonus reduction coefficient of their spouse/partner within the limit of their years of licensed driving experience.

I have not been insured in my own name but I have always driven vehicles through my employer. How can I take out personal insurance ?

If you can prove that you have regularly driven a company vehicle, i.e., a vehicle entrusted to you on a permanent basis for both private and professional purposes, for at least 12 (twelve) months out of the last 24 (twenty-four) months, we will be able to re-establish a bonus.

To enable us to do this, the employer must issue a certificate that specifies the length of time you have been driving, the full claims history and the name of the insurance company (we can provide you with a standard form to complete).

I have not had vehicle insurance for some time. Will I lose my bonus ?

Depending on the insurance company, your bonus is retained for 2 (two) to 3 (three) years after the date of cancellation of your last policy.

I want to change insurer but I don’t have the time to do it.

We can take care of the cancellation requests for you. The Hamon law, which came into force on 1 January 2015, allows policyholders to terminate their policy after one year of subscription, at any time and without explanation. It is up to the new insurer to take care of the cancellation formalities in order to facilitate the steps taken by the insured.

For any change request, you can send an email directly to your dedicated manager or to our general address for service:

Some examples:

  • Change of postal address, e-mail, telephone or bank details
  • Change of marital status
  • Registering my child as an accompanied driver

It will be necessary to specify which vehicle we must cover and to send us a certificate from the driving school that reflects the surname and first name of the learner driver; date of birth; name and address of the driving school; and surname and first name of the accompanying person or persons.

Personal Insurance & Healthcare Claims

I have moved from the Social Security Accounts Committee (CCSS) to the local Health Insurance Funds (CPAM) in France. Do I have to change my healthcare policy ?

Yes, it must be changed because your current policy is in addition to a basic Monegasque healthcare plan, not a French one. Please contact us so that we can change your policy.

How can I take advantage of uploading between the CCSS and Jutheau Husson so that my statements are automatically sent to you ?

In your personal space on the Social Funds of Monaco website, you can set up automatic uploading of reimbursement statements. To do so, simply enter our email address dedicated to this service:

If the CPAM does not send my reimbursement statements to you, what should I do ?

Please send us your CPAM entitlement certificate by email to and we will make a request to your Social Security organisation.

I have not received my third-party payment card. What should I do ?

Please contact us by email at

I had expenses for hospitalization, glasses, dentures and orthopedics. How can I get reimbursed ?

Please send us the invoices, as well as your CCSS statement if it has not been uploaded.

I need to be hospitalized. What is the procedure ?

Send your request by e-mail to with the following information: date of admission, hospital details (FINESS number if known), and DMT code describing the nature of the treatment to be given to you.

I would like to see the Table of Benefits in my healthcare policy. How can I obtain it ?

For individuals: Please contact us at

For groups: Please contact your employer so that they can provide you with the healthcare policy information document.

I have changed my address or my bank details. How can I update my information ?

Please send your new address, or your new bank account number / savings account number, to the following email address: For the change of your bank account number / savings account number, only the document issued by your bank will be accepted.


My son is going to study abroad. Will his complementary health insurance policy with the CCSS/CPAM cover him ?

A complementary health insurance policy is not intended to reimburse the cost of care abroad, which can be very expensive. We recommend that you consider a specific policy for the period that he spends abroad. For this, do not hesitate to contact us by email at

I went to the doctor. When will I receive my reimbursement ?

If you have set up the uploading of statements between Jutheau Husson and the Social Funds of Monaco, the reimbursement will be made within one week (or according to the amended deadline). Otherwise, please send us the statement from your Social Security organisation.

I would like to see my reimbursement history. How can I do this ?

You can access your personal space on our website to see the reimbursements that have been made to you. On your first visit, you will have to provide your CCSS number and date of birth, and click on “You wish to subscribe”. Your request to subscribe will then be validated and a password sent to you by mail.

I have not received the password to log in to What should I do ?

You can visit our website, fill in the requested information and click on “Forgot your password”. The password will be sent to you by mail. If you have any problems, please contact us by email at and ask us to send your password again. A letter will then be sent to you.

I have an Individual Healthcare policy and would like to change my cover. What can I do ?

Changes to cover can only be made at the annual policy expiry date. However, please contact us by email at and we will then contact the insurer to find out whether this is still possible.

I would like to add my spouse and/or my child to my healthcare policy in which my employer has enrolled me.

You must first contact your employer to make the request. Your employer, as the policyholder, will then contact us so that we can make the necessary arrangements.

My child is over 18. Can he/she still benefit from my healthcare policy in which my employer has enrolled me ?

Depending on the conditions of the healthcare policy chosen by your employer, your child can remain a beneficiary until the age of 26 or 28, provided that he/she provides a school attendance certificate or training certificate every year.

I am an employee of a client company and I am about to retire. What should I do about my complementary health insurance ? (The same applies in the event of redundancy).

Contact us so that together we can assess the solution best suited to your needs.

As an employer I am going to hire a new employee. What steps must I take ?

Please fill in the enrollment form given to you when you sign the policy and send it, together with the employee’s bank details, to the following email address: If you do not have this form, please contact the relevant department at the same address.

As an employer, I have not received the quarterly contribution declaration. What should I do ?

Please send your request to and we will send you a copy of the declaration.

As an employer, how do I change my Health/Provident/Workplace Accident contribution declaration ?

If there is an error on your declaration, please contact us by email at and we will inform you of the procedure to follow.

And how do I pay my membership fee ?

You can pay by cheque or bank transfer, and by monthly direct debit for some policies. For more information, please contact us by email at

Workplace Accident or Occupational Disease

To which e-mail address can I send my documents related to my workplace accident ?

To the address of the Workers’ Compensation Claims Department: (Avoid sending to the general address of the company and/or the healthcare division).

Do I have to send my medical certificates to the CCSS ?

It is not necessary to send medical certificates and medical expenses concerning a workplace accident or occupational disease to the CCSS. They should be sent directly to your employer who will then forward them to us.

What steps must I take to report a workplace accident ?

You must first contact your employer so that they can deliver a report accompanied by the original medical certificates issued to you by your doctor.

What is the reimbursement rate for medical care in the event of a workplace accident ?

The prevailing law in Monaco specifies that medical care related to a workplace accident or occupational disease is reimbursed at 100 (one hundred) percent of the French social security reimbursement rate. Only procedures covered by French social security are reimbursable. You are responsible for paying any extra costs, so it is important to inform the medical professionals that you have sustained a workplace accident or contracted an occupational disease in order to avoid such costs.

Do I have to pay in advance for my workplace accident treatment ?

To avoid having to pay in advance, you must submit all prescriptions related to your workplace accident (examinations, surgery, etc.) for our prior approval, either by post or by e-mail to:

How do I get reimbursed ?

We reimburse you by bank transfer. You will be asked to provide a bank or postal account number when your file is opened.

I have received treatment for an illness that has nothing to do with my workplace accident file. Who will pay for this treatment ?

All treatment related to the illness must be referred to your usual social security scheme.

Is my salary maintained at 100 (one hundred) percent in the event of a workplace accident ?

According to Monegasque legislation on work-related accidents, the first 28 (twenty-eight) days are paid at 50 (fifty) percent of your gross salary, after which you will receive two-thirds of your salary. A salary supplement may be provided for within your company, depending on your collective agreement. We recommend that you contact your employer.

How can I obtain the CCSS and CCPB (Paid Leave Office) certificates ?

We systematically send them to your employer with each payment. You should ask him/her for them.

What is the purpose of the CCSS certificate ?

You must send it to the CCSS in order to preserve your rights to medical and family benefits throughout the period of your absence from work.

I have a workplace accident pension. When will I receive my life annuity ?

We pay annuities related to a workplace accident at the end of each calendar quarter.

At what time of the year should I send my Life Certificate ?

You will be informed by letter at the beginning of each year of the amount of your annuity paid by the companies. However, for payment of the annuity increase, this document must be sent to us at the end of each year between 15 November and 15 December

What is the procedure for redeeming my annuity ?

You must apply by letter to the Monaco Court for Workplace Accidents. This must be done 5 (five) years after the date of consolidation, i.e., when your condition has stabilized.